Monday, August 2, 2010

Update: Round 2!

Just wanted to pop in whippity quick and fill everyone in on what's going on...

After a few different doctors appointments, they finally determined that I have a bit of a kidney infection, although mild, they still put me on an antibiotic but after receiving two pages (front and back) of side effects and warnings, I'm too terrified to take it! Some include: tendon and muscle rupture (no thank you!) heart problems, seeing and hearing things that aren't really there (seriously?! With my imagination, I'll go crazy!) along with possible eye problems like GOING BLIND! So I called the doc this morning to have them switch me to something else. Lord knows I don't want whatever infection I've got to get any worse but I also don't want things rupturing or going crazy (crazier).

Despite all that fun, I got to go shopping with my ma Saturday and made the score of my life! Now, I was awesome and forgot my camera at home today so I'll go ahead and post the pics that I have on my phone. I tried to lighten them and mess with the contrast so you can hopefully get an idea. I promise I'll have better pictures tomorrow!

This AMAZING store is called Vintage Vogue. If you live in, around Kansas City or intend on visiting, please check this place out. The lady who owns it, Kathy, is an absolute doll! It's all separated by era, then clothing type (i.e..1940's, dresses, skirts, etc...) So it's very organized and easy to find a particular item. I gave the link to the website but you really need to go in and actually see everything she has; shoes, lingerie, hats, pajamas, suits, jewelry, scarfs, formal dresses all from the 1900's to the 1980's.

One thing I noticed is that I never saw any pants out in the 40's section. After finding a great new dress, I asked Kathy if she had any 1940's high waist slacks. Lo and behold! She comes out from behind her curtain with a pair of 1940's WWII (possible Navy Issue) dark navy (almost black, it's hard to tell really) high waist wool pants.
I RAN to the dressing room and nearly peed myself when I finally got them on (I've never had to unbutton so many buttons in my life!) They fit like a dream!! I was so excited and they even matched with the wedge sandals I was wearing! I about died when I saw the price...$38! Can you believe that?!

Obviously I didn't button all the buttons for this picture haha.

The back of the pants actually tie at the top which I found interesting. The front panel has somewhere between 20 and a thousand buttons haha, all of them adorned with little anchors. There is also a tag on the inside that reads: Navy Manufacturing.

The one and only downside to them is that they are wool and will have to be dry-cleaned but other than that they are in tip-top shape!

Because the lighting in our house is appalling when it comes to photos, I'm going to change some light bulbs and do my best to get some good pictures for you. Oh! and I got a new tattoo so I'll have pictures of the outline as well as my new dress.

I'm going back to Vintage Vogue this weekend to buy a black hat that has a white bow around the top that I just can't NOT Have!

This week I'll have some posts about skin care, an eyebrow tutorial, my music playlist for the week along with a musician I think you should check out as well as various other ramblings!

As always, if you have any questions or specific things you'd like to see a post on please email me!! ruthie.holidayvintage@gmail.com


XOXO
Ruthie

5 comments:

Ruby Macabre said...

Wow, what a truly amazing find. Finding vintage pants is difficult enough, but high waisted (real) sailor pants from the 1940's? Just gorgeous, congrats on the find and purchase. Can't wait to see more pics!

Ruby Macabre said...

P.S. sorry to hear about your kidney infection, I hope you feel well soon and find some medicine that will actually cure, not add to your ailments. Feel Better!

Ruthie Holiday said...

Thank you! The pants helped make me feel better
; )

DanaDoesDesign said...

Ouch, glad the kidney infection is getting treated! Those pants look amazingly complicated! I really need to get up to Vintage Vogue!

Ruthie Holiday said...

Yes, my fingers are actually sore after putting them on and taking them off. The buttons have very little give. We should go up there some time!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com