Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Jukebox

This is just a little post about some of the music that I’ve been listening to lately. Music is a huge part of mine and my husband’s life, it’s one of the things that brought us together and I really enjoy hearing new things and introducing people to new music. I’ll do my absolute best to find video and/or clips of the songs for you guys to check out.
Oh and just heads up – I have a pretty wide range of the type of music a listen too, so don’t be surprised if these lists aren’t the most cohesive.


Some of the songs that I’ve had on repeat recently are:
“All I Could Do Was Cry” – Beyonce (originally Etta James) from the Cadillac Records Soundtrack.
I really like Etta James, it’s hard to top or even match the power and emotion she put into her songs. I tell ya what though, Beyonce does an amazing job. I really enjoyed this whole movie and I remember the first time I watched the scene in the studio when she sings this song; it literally gave me goose bumps. This is definitely a song you turn way up in the car or in the shower and do your best to sing a long to!



“The Stripper” – David Rose from Music of The Stripper
This is a great instrumental song. It’s a pretty well known song used in early burlesque acts and I’m sure there are some more modern shows that have used it. It’s a great song to clean the house to, take a shower to and get dressed (or undress) to! If you can dance while you’re doing it, this is the song to listen to.
P.S. You'll need to turn the volume up a tick on this video.



“If There Was a Way” – Dwight Yoakam
I’m not a huge country fan. What little country I do listen to is usually the older stuff such as Johnny Case, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, etc…But, I can honestly say that I think Dwight Yoakam is easily the best country singer out there today. The “new country” that I have heard is not country…it’s pop music with a cowboy hat. That’s just my personal opinion though. ANYTOOT…This is another of those songs that gives me goose bumps, especially the acoustic version which is the version we have on the iPod. The video I found is also acoustic, just a longer version of ours.(You'll have to use the link, because they disabled embedding. :( If you get a chance, definitely check out dwightyoakamacoustic.net. It’s an acoustic CD that he did and it’s just him and a guitar. It’s amazing. Not to mention, the man is one hell of a dresser.


“Nice Girls Don’t Stay for Breakfast” – Julie London
This woman’s voice is incredible and although this song is a bit short, it’s one of my favorites from her. I tried to think back of when I first heard it but it just didn’t come to me, I’m glad it happened though. She is the one I listen to when the bath is full of bubbles and my glass is full of champagne.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com