Monday, October 4, 2010

Save the boobies!

Saturday, Louise LeMans and I spent a few hours at this wonderful antique store called Liberty Belle helping to raise money for the Young Survival Coalition-a great organization that helps women under the age of 40 cope with having breast cancer and spreads the word to younger women about getting checked for breast cancer.

We were also fortunate enough to be able to celebrate the owner, Linda's, birthday. She got this amazing cake from Judi's Bakery. It not only looked incredible, but it was pretty darn tasty as well. I wish I was able to eat more than a few bites!




Our afternoon consisted of talking to the many patrons walking around about donating and eating cake!

Louise and I had our little podium fashioned with my hand-made "Save the Boobies" signs.


Yes, those are cake plates.

I don't know how much money we actually raised but I know we helped out at least a little bit and every bit counts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com